Larceny Defense Lawyers Defending Larceny Charges in Rhode Island
If you are accused of stealing money or property in Rhode Island, you could be arrested and charged with larceny. A larceny conviction will result in a criminal record and can even result in a jail sentence depending on the amount or value of goods stolen. Start building your defense today with a skilled Rhode Island larceny defense attorney who will fight on your behalf.
Abilheira Law, LLC works diligently to keep our clients informed of their rights after an arrest. After explaining your options to you, we fight hard to ensure your legal rights are protected along with your future. In our experience, we know what it takes to win and we focus entirely on obtaining positive results for our clients.
What could I face if convicted of larceny?
- Involves the taking of money or property valued at less than $1,500
- Punishment includes up to 1 year in prison and/or a $500 fine
- For goods taken with a value between $1,500 and $5,000, the penalties include up to three (3) years in prison and/or a fine of up to $1,500
- For goods taken with a value between $5,000 and $10,000 the penalties include up to six (6) years in prison and/or a fine of up to $3,000
- For goods taken with a value of more than $10,000 the penalty includes up to ten (10) years in prison
Larceny from a Minor
- Involves the stealing of property or money of any value from a minor (under the age of 18)
- Charged as a felony
- Penalties include up to 10 years in prison and/or $5,000 in fines
Larceny from the Elderly
- Involves the stealing of property or money from any person over the age of sixty- five (65)
- Charged as a felony
- For property or money of $500 or less, punishment includes 1-5 years in prison and/or fines of up to $3,000
- For property or money over $500, punishment includes 2-15 years in jail and/or fines of up to $5,000
In addition to these serious penalties, individuals charged with larceny may also face the stigma of a theft charge which can result in embarrassment, the loss of gainful employment, and even immigration consequences.
When your future hangs in the balance, you want an aggressive Rhode Island larceny defense lawyer on your side who fully understands the law and can work to obtain the best result possible for you.
Begin Your Fight Today
Our firm knows that proving beyond reasonable doubt that you committed a crime is no easy task for the prosecution. We can work to undermine the case against you to have your charges dropped or reduced.
Speak with the firm today to begin your defense with a free case evaluation—(401) 245-5100.